We are pleased to offer a 16-hour Cruise Management Certificate Program. This program will be offered during 28 March – 02 April, 2015 at the 5 star Liberty of the Seas which is one of the luxury cruise ships of the world. The instructor for the course is Prof Dr. Cihan Cobanoglu, Dean of the College of Hospitality and Technology Leadership, University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Florida, USA and his team members.
Cruise Management Certificate Program is focused on international cruise ship management, specifically relates to cruise management as one of the fastest growing component of the hospitality industry. This course will offer participants an international perspective on the importance of providing effective organizational management that recognizes the value of internal and external customer input as a vital part of management decisions and actions. Furthermore, since the countries we will visit have different social, economic and political histories, we will be able to explore the effects of cultural contexts upon the ability of organizations to manage at sea.
The cruise lectures will be supplemented by presentations by Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship management team, tour of the Liberty of the Seas Cruise ship, and on-site/off-site interviews with organizational leaders. Participants will also attend classes on board the cruise ship, have meetings with the cruise leadership and management team, Attendees will receive a Certificate from IIBA upon successful and full attendance of the program.
CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
1. To introduce the history of the passenger cruise industry.
2. To familiarize with nautical terms used in the cruise line industry.
3. To identify the development of laws and the enforcement of safety, environment and other important regulations pertaining to and effecting the cruise industry.
4. To research and examine various cruise categories, ship classifications and profiles.
5. To examine the marketing and operation strategies of various cruise companies.
6. To explore why and how cruise itineraries are established.
Certificate Program Fee: $495
To register, please visit Registration Page and submit required information.
You must join the Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines’ Liberty of the Seas cruise on 28 March – 02 April, 2015. Attendees must book the cruise separately via the travel agency. Please see Registration Page for cruise rates and booking.